My husband simply loves sliders. Truth be told, he really likes anything small, that you can order a "sampling" of, so that he can taste as many good foods as he can eat at one sitting. I myself, don't really see the appeal to the small burger. Why not just eat one large burger, rather than four small?, especially if it comes as a meal. They are cute, I'll give you one point for that, but otherwise I don't understand the current cultural obsession with the dainty little food.
That being said my favorite cooking blogger, Pioneer Woman, posted this amazing recipe for sliders last week and I knew I had to make them for my sweet husband who adores the little bites of beef. I am oh so glad I did. They were wonderful. I have never successfully made such a flavorful burger. Served atop fresh homemade buns, they were a true treat. Almost decadent.
A must try. DO NOT SKIP on the toppings. The flavor combo of the fresh buns (also a must!), rich and silky toppings, and the tiny burger are what really bring this baby together!
Pioneer Woman does a much better job than I with her pictures and recipes so I defer you here to her original Slider Recipe. Please note however, that I did skip the spicy fry sauce myself as well as the cheese and they were still amazing. Also, in true Fish Tank fashion I cooked my burgers in none other than the beloved cast iron as pictured below.
butter & onions...mmmm
and mushrooms.
don't buy the wine and forget to add it to the recipe like I did though.
there she is workin' hard and makin' us full.
ah! dirty, gross, scary right?! Not to worry, post coming soon on care and cleaning for the pan. super quick and easy.
it all comes together.
See what I mean about the toppings. mmmm, my mouth is watering, so good. DO NOT SKIMP!
My husband, he likes the spicy mustards. I'm a simpleton myself and prefer it bun, toppin's & meat.
I'm making turkey burgers tonight and piling on the mushrooms!!! You're killing me over here mother fish!!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
c
Looks so yummy, I will try this one and let you know how it turns out.
ReplyDelete